What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Zen a day - Feb 5

February has already been a busy month and will continue to do so, but I will try to at least post the Zen and HNT.

Here is the Zen to date:

Friday 1 February 2008
The monk from Shu with the silk lute case,
walking west of O-mei mountain,
Has with a light touch of the strings
enveloped me in the pines of a thousand valleys.
I hear him in the shimmering brook,
I hear him in the icy wind.
And I feel no change as the mountain darkens
and autumn's dark clouds heap in the sky.
- Li Po

Saturday 2 February 2008
Monk: "How should I escape birth and death?"
Shih-kung: "What is the use of escaping it?"
- Zen mondo

Sunday 3 February 2008
You're asking the wrong questions. If you want to make the world a better place, tell funnier jokes!
- Woody Allen

Monday 4 February 2008
The satiated man and the hungry man do not see the same thing when they look upon a loaf of bread.
- Rumi

Tuesday 5 February 2008
Everything flows from your own heart.
- Fa-yen

1 comment:

  1. Whew....I did wonder where you were. Thanks for continuing Zenning with us!

    ReplyDelete