What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Monday, July 28, 2008

Zen-a-day - July 28

Friday 25 July 2008
A monk asked Krgon: "What happens when an enlightened being returns to the state of illusion?"
Kegon said: "A broken mirror does not reflect, fallen flowers do not bud."
- Zen mondo

Saturday 26 July 2008
"He insulted me, he harmed me, he robbed me, he beat me." If you think like this, you will suffer. "He insulted me, he harmed me, he robbed me, he beat me." If you do not think like this, you will not suffer.
- The Buddha

Sunday 27 July 2008
The most important thing is, only do it. When you only do something 100 percent, then there is no subject, no object. There is no inside or outside. Inside and outside already become one. That means you and the universe are never separate. There is no thinking.
- Seung Sahn

Monday 28 July 2008
When Abbot Pambo was asked to say a few words to the very important Bishop of Alexandria, who was visiting some of the Desert Fathers, the elder replied: "If he is not edified by my silence, there is no hope that he will be edified by my words."
- Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment