What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Slow start

For the past couple months I have been working out. I joined a gym back in February and been seeing a trainer to get in more shape.
He has put me on a 4 day routine; day 1 (Monday) upper body high weight low reps, day 2 (Tuesday) lower body high weight low reps, (Wednesday rest), day 3 (Thursday) upper body low weight high reps, day 4 (Friday) lower body low weight high reps, (Saturday & Sunday rest).

I have been going in the mornings before work, which seems the best time for me.
Today however I was not feeling like going. I still went. I didn't do the entire routine he had laid out for me though; my excuse: I couldn't find the size of medicine ball he wants me to work with.

I should probably also mention that I last week and today I have been working out in a different gym than my trainer is at, because I'm working in Calgary, and my trainer is in Edmonton.

The gym I'm currently working out at is walking distance to where I work, it is an old gym (first in the chain actually), and they plan on closing it within a year. There is a better gym near where I'm staying in Calgary, but not as close / convenient.

I have been thinking about trying that gym out, and I might do so. However, today at the gym I had a brief chat with a good looking guy in the locker room.

I had seen him in the gym working out, as I worked out, and discretely kept an eye on him. Though when I couldn't find the medicine ball I gave up and went to the locker room to shower and change.

After watching some of the other guys in the locker rooms, to make sure it was not breaking etiquette, I leave all my stuff in the locker, except my towel, when I go shower. I usually just carry the towel. When I get back to the locker I pack up my gym clothes before I get dressed, so I'm naked in the locker room.

Today when I left the shower this guy was changing at a locker 3 over from mine. As I was packing up (naked of course) I asked him how his work out was. We both had not-to-great workouts. We exchanged a few more words before he went to the shower - with his underwear on :(
I got dressed, and since I wanted to be polite and say good bye, I decided to stall my leaving. I went to the toilets as part of this stalling. I caught a glimpse of the guy in the shower, but he was grabbing his towel and covering himself up.
I went back to finish gathering my stuff, he arrived at his locker moments later. As I put my jacket on, grabbed my gym bag, and said "have a good day", I saw him putting his underwear on under his towel.

We didn't exchange names, nor did I find out when he usually works out, so I'm not sure I'll see him again. I hope to see more of him though. But I guess part of that will also depend on if I change gyms.

No comments:

Post a Comment