What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Thursday, August 7, 2014

PanFest 2014



Last weekend, which was a long weekend here in Alberta, I went to PanFest - festival of pagan activities, rituals, workshops, and 3 days of fun with friends.

This year was the theme was Earth Heals Us, and my third year. I partook of many of the activities, workshops, and rituals. Some I observed only, because I had my required volunteer duties that had some conflict.

One discussion workshop that really caught my interest was "The Fae Within and All around." It has inspired me to learn as much as I can about the Fae, which I have already absorbed a great deal of information on through other sources. I say this as Quafaie were created to be of the Fae world and many of the qualities I have embedded into the Quafaie I discovered are general Fae characteristics.

I also enjoyed the Skyclad aspect of the weekend, perhaps not to the fullest, as the evening was a little chilly, and by the end of Saturday I was a little pink, so covered up a little more on the Sunday (and the cool rainy wrap up on the Monday).

By the end of the weekend I was fully energized and felt ready to face my busy August, and new adventures in September.

Thanks to all my PanFest friends for a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment