What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Speed 2

Reposted on 2012-02-23 from defunct blog 

If you look back in my Blog I mentioned a speeding ticket that I got in Oxfordshire - well today I think I got the conclusion to it all (8 months later!)

Here is the old post (updated link 2012-02-23):http://quafaie.blogspot.com/2005/03/speed.html


Now the update:
Before I left the UK I stopped in Taunton to say good-bye to the friends I made there. I also collected my mail. In that was a notice of a court date. I replied that 'yes I am guilty, but can not attend the court date due to...' the fact that I'd be in Canada when the date was. I also re-iterated that I had followed every step, and that I pointed out I have a Canadian driving licence. I also changed my address to my parents one in Canada.

So today I got the results, and, surprise, surprise, it is exactly what I had to pay before (including the 3 penalty points added to my licence) - f*ing bureaucratic Oxfordshire red tape, to take the whole thing in a circle. And I fear it may not be all over - but still I laugh.

I will pay as they have the threatening line:

FAILURE TO PAY WILL RENTER YOU LIABLE TO ARREST OF A DISTRESS WARRANT BEING ISSUED WHICH COULD INVOLVE ADDITIONAL CHARGES OR RESULT IN YOUR MONEY AND GOODS BEING SEIZED.

I would like to return to the UK (as would my friends there would like to see me again), so that is why I am going to pay. I am just debating if I return the original cheque I wrote...

Comments from defunct blog:

Well thats the UK for ya. Lol

Published By UltraSweetnshy (http://spaces.msn.com/members/annifer85/) - August 01 10:57 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment