What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Friday, March 11, 2005

Speed

Reposted on 2012-02-23 from defunct blog

An interesting piece of mail arrived today. But I have to start the story back on 24 November . . . .

It all started on a dark, late night in Oxford. After a long cool night of sound measurements I was driving (with a colleague) back to the motel just outside of Oxford, when <FLASH>! I was caught on one of the many speed cameras along the road.
I checked my speed, and, yes I was going over the 30 miles per hour (approximately 50 kph) speed limit, not Shaju speed though (got up to Shaju speeds on the motorway several months later - getting over 90 miles per hour). No I was going about 35 miles per hour, at 3:30 am!

Well when I got home from Christmas, I had I pleasant letter from the Thames Valley Police saying I was clocked at 36mph at 3:34am. I had to send back personal information.
Sure, okay, did that, also talked a bit about speeding to colleagues. On mentioning the speed I was going and the time of day some could not really believe I was sent the ticket. Oh, and for those not use to the English speed, it would be like going about 60 kph in a 50 kph zone (on a main road too).

Last week I got the letter to send off the £60 payment and a copy of my driver's licence, which I did.
Now when I sent off my information I wrote in two places that I had I Canadian licence and International Driving Permit. I send off photographic proof of this to Thames court offices.

Today I got this letter:
Thank you for your attempt at payment of the above Conditional Offer Fixed Penalty Notice; we regret that we are unable to deal with the alleged offence as a Fixed Penalty because the Driving Licence you have surrendered is not a UK driving licence issued by DVLA Swansea.
Your payment and Driving licence are hereby returned to you.

Comments from defunct blog:

YES! You can do anything you want and they can't ticket you!

Published By Majik Sznak (http://www.majiksznak.net) - March 11 10:54 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment