What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Monday, March 5, 2007

Hello March!

Life is a journey,
one adventure after another
some are joyous
like birth, weddings, graduation
or even just a great night on the town
and some are depressing
like death, loss, accidents
I had such a day yesterday
not with death, thank god,
but a couple mishaps.

It is three weeks since my grandmother passed away.
I was visiting my parents this weekend to help out, even though most of the work was done.
But it was a good thing I was there, for my Mother slipped and fell in the shower.
She went to the hospital, got sewn up (3 stitches in the back of the head), and came home.
Two more times she fell, but luckily my Father and I were there to help.
She was then admitted into the hospital.
At 8:30 pm I decided to drive back to Calgary from Edmonton.
Around 11:30pm, less than 60 km from Calgary, my car spasmed.
This has not been my week, I thought while waiting for a toe.
For last week my computer crashed, and I came down with a heavy cough.
When March comes in like a lion it goes out like a lamb.
Does that refer to life as well as weather?

1 comment:

  1. Well hopefully things pick up and life is sunshine and lollipops.

    We'll have to go out Friday night and celebarte life with some dancing and having fun!

    ReplyDelete