What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Monday, March 17, 2008

Luck of the Irish

"He knows when you are bad or good"
I don't mean Santa, I mean the Leprechauns

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was having some problems with I guy I met back in December. I found out a heck of a lot more about him about a month ago, such as he was not Irish as he claimed to be, and he was scamming people across Canada.

I started to get caught up in his web, and was luckily informed of the type of guy he is just about in time. I was however already caught in something I realized I should not have been (gotta remember to listen to my gut instincts!), and to protect myself I went to the police - separate from a large case I heard was being built up against him.

So, here is where my title and first lines come in:
I was woken up early in the AM of St. Patrick's Day* by a call from the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police), that he was arrested.
So, I'd have to say that if you claim to be Irish and ain't, then you ain't got their luck (quite the opposite).


*St. Patrick's Day I refer to is the one most people know: 17 March (2008).
However, it was brought to my attention that this year St. Patrick's Day was moved to 15 March 2008 by the Pope, as Palm Sunday was 16 March 2008, which starts the Holy week before Easter. I understand that during this week one is not suppose to celebrate much (I am not Catholic, nor Christian of any denomination, so my understandings are quite likely not totally accurate), which is why St. Patrick's Day was moved before Palm Sunday.
Regardless I quasi-celebrated St. Patrick's Day today by wearing green - though no drinking. I did drink on Saturday, 15 March 2008, but I did not know it was St. Paddy's day on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment