What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Monday, August 27, 2012

Life should start to settle down

This month has been hectic.
I was producing a play in the Edmonton Fringe Theatre Festival (small houses, not that good media reviews, but great work of mouth comments). - The final show was yesterday (Sunday).

I was also volunteering for the Fringe, something I have done for over 20 years!

Combined those would have kept me pleasantly busy. What made it hectic was getting a teaching job (teaching mathematics) at NAIT (Northern Alberta Institute of Technology) that started today, and required to attend a 2 week orientation/training course.

This course was the past 2 weeks; the 2 weeks in which the Fringe happened.

Thus I had little time to 'study' for the course (which was basically a 2 week course on 'how to teach'. Having an education degree, the course was simple - but ran 8-4 everyday!).

Nor did I have time to prepare for my teaching!

Luckily, I do have a decent amount of prep time (though most of it in the latter part of the week!), so I can catch up and get ahead of the students.
I also have other instructors helping me on 3 of the 4 courses I am teaching, and all 4 courses use the same text book.

I'm hoping to have a little time to get back to posting more than the inspirational sayings.

Please feel free to ask me anything, or make suggestions on what you'd like to see on my blog - that may help me keep it active :)

No comments:

Post a Comment