What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Monday, June 23, 2014

Bailey's Chocolate-chip Banana Bread - Recipe

Last Friday night (June 20) was the most recent BNBC (Buck Naked Boys Club) nude potluck.

Having received a portion of a 40 lb box of free trade organic bananas the week before, of which I had frozen a number of them, I decided to make banana bread. Also, having a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream in my fridge that is slowly being used, I figured I'd look to see what recipes would combine the two.

After looking through several, I settled on one which I modified. The original recipe is here: http://forkableblog.com/?p=1515

Here is the recipe I used:


Bailey's Chocolate-chip Banana Bread

  • 1 c. sugar
  • 8 Tbs (1/4 lb) butter (or margarine), room temperature
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 ripe bananas
  • 1/4 c. Baileys Irish Creme Liqueur
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 1/4 c flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup chocolate-chips

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition (I used the blender).

In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork (I added them in portions to the blender). Mix in the Baileys and cinnamon.

In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears. Fold in chocolate-chips.

Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake 45 minutes – 1 hour until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment