What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Monday, May 5, 2008

Zen a day - May 5

Friday 2 May 2008
Thinking neither of good nor of evil, at this very moment, what is your Original Nature?
- Zen koan

Saturday 3 May 2008
Here in midde age my heart has found the Way,
and now I dwell at the foot of the mountain.
When moved by the spirit, I wander,
all alone, drinking the beauty around me.
I walk until I come to a river or lake,
then sit and watch the gathering clouds.
And some day I will meet an old woodcutter,
to talk, and laugh, and never return.
- Wang Wei

Sunday 4 May 2008
A great man is he who does not lose his childlike heart.
- Mencius

Monday 5 May 2008
Therefore, Zen is neither inward nor outward, not being or non-being, not real or false. As it is said, "Inner and outer views are both wrong."
- Huang-long

No comments:

Post a Comment