What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Planes, Trains, & Automobiles

Those of you who look at my blog will have noticed I have not posted for a while, that is because I have been travelling central Canada (Ottawa, Montreal and now on to Toronto). I missed the last 2 HNTs as I was preparing to travel about two weeks ago, and was in Montreal last Thursday.

I flew to Ottawa on Sat 24 May, train to Montreal on Tue 27 May, and train to Toronto Tue 3 June (today).... the automobile has been somewhat lacking this trip - other than to and from the airport, and with family in Ottawa. But that's fine by me, save the environment :)

I've not been online much as my internet access has been spotty, and when I have connected it was more to check email than to blog.

I survived 3 days in Ottawa (May 24-27) with my Gran. I didn't do much there other than unwind.
My week in Montreal was what I was looking forward to (May 27 to June 3), even though I did not make it to many museums, and it rained nearly half the time I was there, I enjoyed it. A lot of walking, some shopping (including buying the game PervArtisty - a Charades / Pictionary game with sexual innuendo), and enjoying Rue St. Catherine in the Village.

I spent 4 hours wandering the unpaved, beaten paths on Mount Royal - see my next HNT for some of what I did ;-)

Montreal was also a chance to meet up with some friends, to relax, and just enjoy life as it comes. So I do not regret missing out on some things.

Toronto will begin getting back into the swing of things, I hope, as I am doing some correspondence / distance learning courses and have now fallen behind. My plans in Toronto have mainly been to meet up with friends. I'm not all that keen on doing much of the tourist thing, though I think I will be hanging out in the gay village most of the days.

I return to Calgary on Sunday, but don't expect the update of Zen-a-day to appear that night, I've unfortunately have an early morning, all day meeting, with work the next day.

1 comment:

  1. We're here, we're queer, we're not going anywhere. Blog when you can. Until then, be safe and happy.

    ReplyDelete