What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Zen a day - catch-up 3 - June 6-12

Friday 6 June 2008
I have met the builder and broken the ridgepole. I shall not build that house again.
- The Buddha, upon his awakening

Saturday 7 June 2008
The first question I ask when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful? And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.
- John Cage

Sunday 8 June 2008
The venerable Nan-ch'uan asked Chao-chou:
"When not a single thing is brought, then what?"
Chao-chou said: "Put it down."
"If I don't bring a single thing, what should I put down?" continued Nan-ch'uan.
"Then carry it out," said Chao-chou.
- Zen koan

Monday 9 June 2008
Under a pine tree I questioned your monk. "My master went in search of herbs," he answered, "but toward which corner of the mountain no one can tell, in these misty clouds."
- Chia Tao

Tuesday 10 June 2008
Time itself is being.
All being is time.
- Dōgen

Wednesday 11 June 2008
Where people of today dwell, I do not dwell. What people of today do, I do not do.
If you clearly understand what this really means, you must be able to enter a pit of fire with your whole body.
- Huang-long

Thursday 12 June 2008
A heavy cart rumbles by
    and the peonies
       quiver.
- Buson

No comments:

Post a Comment