What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Monday, October 13, 2008

Zen-a-day - Oct 13

Monday 13 October 2008
The water a cow laps turns into milk. The water a snake licks changes into poison.
- Zen saying

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday 7 September 2008
However innumerable sentient beings, I vow to save them.
However inexhaustible the passions, I vow to extinguish them.
However immeasurable the dharmas, I vow to master them.
However incomparable the Buddha's truth, I vow to attain it.
- The Four Vows

Monday 8 September 2008
For all thses years, my certain Zen:
Neither I nor the world exist.
The sutras neat within a box,
My cane hooked upon the wall,
I lie at peace in the moonlight
Or, hearing water splashing on the rock,
Sit up: none can purchase pleasure such as this:
Spangled across the step-moss, a million coins.
- Shutaku

No comments:

Post a Comment