What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Friday, October 24, 2008

Zen-a-day - Oct 24

Friday 24 October 2008
Smiling serenely,
    the Buddha points to
       a little stinkworm.
- Issa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday 29 September 2008
My boat and I . . . enter the lake,
turn as night falls toward the west
where I watch the south star over the mountain,
and the rising mist, hovering over the water,
and the low moon slanting through the trees:
And there I choose to forget every worldly matter
and be only an old man out fishing.
- Chi-wu Ch'ien

Tuesday 30 September 2008
Yantou and Xuefeng were snowed in on Tortoise Mountain. Day after day, while Xuefeng stayed up and meditated, Tantou slept. By the third day Yantou sat up and said: "Get some sleep. What are you, a roadside shrine?"
Xuefeng said: "My heart isn't at peace. I can't fool myself."
Yantou gave a great yell and said: "Don't you know that the family treasure doesn't come in through the gate? Let the teaching flow out from your heart to cover the earth and sky!"
Xuefeng achieved sudden enlightenment and cried: "Tortoise Mountain has finally awakened!"
- Zen mondo

No comments:

Post a Comment