What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Monday, October 20, 2008

Zen-a-day - Oct 20

Monday 20 October 2008
Frost across the river . . .
all I'd hoped for lost
in the gathering autumn night.
Among the reeds and flowers,
a thousand miles alone.
But moonlight fills the boat.
- Ching An

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday 21 September 2008
Whenever I start working on a song, I immediately try to forget everything, to empty my hands and head of anything that may be hanging over from another sond or album. I try to approach it like, "This is the first time I've ever played a guitar. What am I going to do?"
- U2's The Edge

Monday 22 September 2008
Once a visitor asked Master Yan-uan: "What is the real body of the great Sun Buddha?"
Yang-uan's assistant groaned at the impossible question, but not the master. He said matter-of-factly: "Please pass me the water pitcher."
The visitor went to fetch the pitcher.
"Now would you put it back," Yan-uan said, after the visitor brought the pitcher.
Anxious to get back to his important question, the visitor hurriedly returned the pitcher and then asked again: "What is the real body of the great Sun Buddha?"
"That old Buddha died a long time ago," Yang-uan said.
- Zen mondo

No comments:

Post a Comment