What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Friday, October 12, 2012

Daily Inspiration

There is a giant asleep within every man. When the giant awakes, miracles happen.
- Frederick Faust
inspire daily calendar Fri 12 Oct 2012


I was teaching an ESL class a few years ago in London. They were a marvelous group apart from one thing: almost all of them said. "What means . . . ?" instead of "What does . . . mean?" Nothing I said seemed to correct them.
One day, after hearing the mistake again I said in desperation, "If I hear 'What means . . . ?' again, I really will have to punish you all!"
A voice poped up, "What means will you use to punish us?"
- Lynne Pereira on www.onestopenglish.com
Teachers daily calendar Thu 22 Oct 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment