What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Daily Inspiration

I believe people are in our lives for a reason. We're here to learn from each other.
- Gillian Anderson
inspire daily calendar Tue 2 Oct 2012 



Teaching is an art, a science, and a passion. It is the noblest profession in the world because teachers provide hope for our future. That's why I was drawn to teaching and that is why I stay. I can't imagine a better way to spend my life. I love the excitement of knowing that if I do my job well I will change people's lives for the better. I love the pride in knowing that a student has pursued a career in science or a career in teaching because of me. I love the sound of unfettered laughter in the classroom. I love the thrill of helping a special-needs student achieve beyond his wildest dreams. The greatest reward, however, is my extended family of former students scattered across the globe; they are a source of joy and inspiration. When a former student beams with happiness at memories for out class, I know that in the mosaic of that person's life a few of the brightest tiles belong to me. What other profession can compete with that?
- Former New York Teacher of the Year Richard T. Ognibene Jr.
Teachers daily calendar Mon 12 Oct 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment