What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Seante appointment

Reposted on 2012-02-23 from defunct blog 
 
I got this e-mail from my Dad:
Subject: FW: Seante appointment
No, it’s not me!
In case either of you know Claudette Tardiff
D

From: Tardif, Claudette 
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:32 AM
To: External Relations - All Depts
Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT
Importance: High

Dear colleagues in External Relations,
I am writing to inform you that at the request of the Prime Minister of Canada, Paul Martin, I have accepted an appointment to the Senate of Canada.
While I'm still absorbing all this entails and am truly excited by the prospect of serving Albertans and Canadians in this way, my only sadness comes in knowing it will mean leaving all of you.
In the short time I've been privileged to serve as Vice President External Relations (Acting), I've come to know you as an incredible team that brings enormous benefit to the University of Alberta.
I don't have all the details yet on when I will be leaving the University of Alberta, but wanted you hear this news from me first.
I wish you all a blessed and restful Easter and look forward to the remaining weeks we will have together.

Claudette
Claudette Tardif, PhD
Acting Vice-President (External Relations)/
Vice-présidente (par intérim) relations externes
University of Alberta

----
My reply:
If it was you would you have accepted?
Nope I don't know Claudette
Eric

----
My Dad's reply that just made me laugh:
I’ve never really though about that question.
D


No comments:

Post a Comment