What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Monday, March 14, 2005

Bike Computer

Reposted on 2012-02-23 from defunct blog
 
I went to the bike shop today to get gear for a big bike trip I am planning (more on that in a future post, I promise). Of the things I bought was an 8 function bike computer:
1.        Current speed
2.        Clock
3.        Trip distance
4.        Total distance
5.        Trip riding time
6.        Total riding time
7.        Maximum speed
8.        Full text in English and may be specified in 4 other languages: F, I, E, D
Opening the box and looking at the instructions I found them to be fairly easy to understand - at least the instalation - as they are all pictorial. I left my bike at the shop for maintanence, so attaching it to my bike will be done later.
However as I looked at the unit, I noticed it was in German. So I looked back at the instructions for the unit itself. Sure enough the instructions start in German, but continue in what looks like 6 other languages, as seen in the photo:

Photos lost when blog when defunct.

Comments from defunct blog:
 
Compression killed that image. Can you post a bigger one or a picture of just the text?

Published By Majik Sznak (http://www.majiksznak.net) - March 14 7:02 PM

I like how the GB and USA directions are _totally different!_

Published By Majik Sznak (http://www.majiksznak.net) - March 15 4:55 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment