What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Comics

Who doesn't like to read comics?
I always enjoy reading them, some strips more than others. So here is a list of my favourites (which will be updated occasionally).
I've also posted these links on the right side for quick access, along with the link to this post for descriptions of the comics.

I have a code before the comic indicating when it is updated, which is as follows:
D = daily
S,M,T,W,R,F,A = weekly on Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat
? = unknown/uncertain
no. = every x number days/weeks. i.e. 2T = every 2nd Tuesday

In alphabetical order:

F - Bob the Angry Flower - Canadian comic that is totally off the wall. I was introduced to it in University.
? - Boy Meets Hero - A comic I found last year about the coming out of a gay superhero. It has the complete comic book online.
D - Calvin & Hobbes - Don't have much to say, other than a comic of a kid and his wild imagination.
D - Dilbert - Office comic about engineers. I know many engineers, which is why I read it.
D - For Better or For Worse - Daily comic following the life of a Canadian family. In 1993 the coming out of one of the secondary characters caused quite a stir (see Lawrence's Story under Explore More!)
S? - FoxTrot - Family comic. I enjoy it because of the nerdiness of the youngest son (I can relate to him). Unlike For Better of For Worse, the characters here have not grown up.
D - Non Sequitur - One panel comic.
W - Space Boiz - Gay space adventure comic.
2T - Troy - Comic about gay life. (That's the best way I know how to describe it.)

1 comment:

  1. Nope, I do have to say, honestly, that I've never been a comic guy...even as a child. No interest. Don't really know why. But it's plain to see that you're in full swing with the rating system and all.

    ReplyDelete