What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Light Day


Sunday 20 May was a busy light day for me.....

Part of the reason I have not posted much in the past couple weeks has been that I was running the lights at Walterdale Playhouse for their "Cradle to Stage: One Acts" (new work). Most of the week was operating the lights for two of the one acts.
The first one was about 3 retirees in small town Saskatchewan thinking there is a zombie apocalypse. It had one part where I had to watch for the actors to turn on and off a light switch. One night they missed that part - that was I think the most difficult thing I encountered.
The second one was about..... hmmm, I never actually fully understood it. I think it was about carrying one's past and having to let go of one's baggage.... but not sure. I tended to explain it as 'experimental theatre with some interpretive dance' as there was a couple interpretive dance routines.
Sunday, however, was tech'd readings of 4 other plays, so I still had to run the lights. It was a matinee, which meant I was out of the theatre (including having to help strike) by 5:30pm....

At 6:01pm, a partial solar eclipse started. I made it to the science centre, and the observatory next to it, just in time to watch the eclipse. I met up with a few friends.
One, Kevin Buie, took the photo on the top right of this post. That photo and others can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/two8five
The photo of the stage lights I got from a Google search (http://www.thecoast.ca/ArtAttack/archives/2012/04/25/theatre-arts-guilds-free-workshops)

Watching the eclipse (with proper eye-ware) was cool. The weather was also perfect for such an activity. Unfortunately I couldn't stay to watch the whole thing, which ended around 8:30pm. I left around 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment