What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Stuck on a title....

A thought came to me to post a "moment of my day" or something that reflects how my day went. But I got stuck (briefly) on what to call this new series of posts. I will probably just have some random thing that may or may not relate to the day as the title.

Now on to today's 'summery' post

As anyone who follows this blog will have noticed, I am not posting much recently - same goes for the other few places I 'exist' on the web.

This has been due to the work load of a first year teacher!

Today, I taught 4 courses (all mathematics), each one hour. I was at the office by 7am, and left at 8pm. The rest of the time was filled with preparing for today's classes, brief planning for tomorrow's (and future) classes, editing 2 quizzes I will be giving later this week (one tomorrow, one on Friday), finalizing an exam (being given on Friday), and preparing notes for 2 other exams being given next week.

Luckily, most of the material is similar between the courses... that makes creating quizzes and tests a little easier because I can use similar questions.
Unluckily, most of the material is similar, but not the same, between courses.... that makes remembering what was in each course a slight bit more difficult; "was it course A or course B I taught this in?"


I will try and add more interesting tidbits of my day in future 'Daily Summary' posts.
If there are any questions or topics you, my readers, want me to answer or post about, please to email me or post comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment