What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Taking a break from some of my worries...

I feel like I have barely survived my first week of teaching.
I had a few stumbling blocks, which made me stop and have to really consider a few aspects of my teaching.
Also confronted at least one class on the fact I am a new instructor at nait, and barely had time to prepare.

These realizations have, however, slighlty impacted my annual trip around the beginning of September. As much as I'd like to get away from all that, I know I have to prepare and plan for the upcoming (short, thanks to labour day tomorrow) week.

Every year, for the past nearly decade, I have tried to be in a different place for my birthday then the year before. In the past couple years I have had to modify that criteria as I have had to be back in Edmonton for work or school on my birthday, but luckily, labour day falls close to my birthday, so a long weekend away is easy :) ... My birthday this year happens to fall on Tuesday.

This year I, along with my friend and housemate Zack, decided to go to Saskatoon. It is a beautiful prairie city, with about 1/4 of a million people (220,000). Edmonton is slightly over 1 million (not sure the exact number).
Between time preparing for next week, we have briefly checked out Broadway (the trendy shops area), 2 used book stores (where Zack spend over $200 in books!), and the Western Development Museum.
While I was working yesterday Zack went to help his friend Zach door knock for the upcoming city election. Today, while I am suppose to be working now, Zack is at the Diefenbaker Centre (a museum to one of our Canadian Priministers who grew up in Saskatoon).


No comments:

Post a Comment