What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Friday the 13th.... 5 days late

Friday the thirteenth is usually considered bad luck. For me Friday was fine..... my 'bad luck' came yesterday.... five days late.

Tuesday, I had rehearsals for the play I am producing, and though there were a few questions about the history of the characters, and their motivation (it is a new script that I wrote under my pen name), all seemed to go well.

The play was entered in a one-act festival on the last weekend of February. 

Then yesterday I received an email requesting if our performance time could change. My stage manager informed me that if our performance time changed then they would have to drop out as they made commitments based on the initial time we were given.

Moments after informing the organizer, I got a couple emails that the actors playing the main characters were dropping out because of scheduling and how they felt about the fit with their characters.

Needless to say, with just under a month to go, having difficulty getting actors in the first place, and then the main ones dropping out, I decided to pull out of the festival entirely.


It is frustrating because I now and a bunch of loose ends I have to tie up - people to inform that the show is not happening, and thank them for their support and help behind the scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment