What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Work and Play


The title should more likely be "Play is Work" since that is what I have been doing the past couple days...

I have written a play (script), and now in the process of trying to get it produced; which is work. I already have the play entered in a one-act festival, which happens to be February 24 & 25. Since just after Christmas I have been trying to get the word out about auditions, which I have scheduled for this Sunday (January 8).

Now I have to just sit back and hope I get enough people interested in auditioning.

I have been lucky though in getting someone to help with the stage management. We spent 2 hours today talking at Timmies (Tim Horton's). Most of it was off the topic of the play, which to me means great rapport.

If by chance anyone in Edmonton reads this, and they are interested in the play (i.e to audition, help out with production, or see the play, here is some details:

Title:
The Question
By Hugh Kemeny
Tag:
How far would you go to ensure your child was healthy? In the not to distant future genetic modification could be the answer . . . or is it?
Synopsis:
Carlos feels inundated with questions: Questions at the office related to the trial on the ethics of Dr. Van der Hauk's work; Questions from his husband, Joseph, about their long over due vacation; But it is the simple homework question from their daughter, Maria, that exposes the family secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment