What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Naked Activities


This past week I participated in two different nudist activities.

On Wednesday I started an 8 week naked men's yoga class.
I had only done yoga a hand full of times before, none of them naked. The times I remember include:
- Once at the Talisman Centre in Calgary when I lived there and had a membership to the rec centre.
- Twice while on a spiritual retreat at the Rimrock Resort Hotel in Banff. The yoga there was out in a small clearing amongst the trees and nature - it was a small group, about 3 to 5 of us I think. That retreat was also the first time I was naked in a group setting (that's a story for another time).

The naked yoga on Wednesday was arranged by the Buck Naked Boys Club (BNBC) of Edmonton. There was about 17 guys there, with a wide variety of experience. The instructor was excellent, at least so I thought from my limited exposure to yoga.
My only, personal, complaint, would be that I happened to pick a spot on the floor where a small draft was coming through; a draft bringing in the cold winter weather that we had last week (between -30 C and -40 C with the wind chill).
The second class is this coming Wednesday. I am looking forward to it, and to getting there much earlier than I did last week (to get a better spot).


The second activity, was a nude swim.
As a fundraiser for PanFest, the organizers host nude swims at one of the community pools (after hours). These are co-ed events.
The BNBC passed on information about these nude swims since to rent a pool and have one of their own costs a fair amount, and the members of PanFest are quite open to have anyone interested in joining come along. Provided they behave in an appropriate manner (like at any social gathering, nude or not).
There seemed to be a fair number of people at the swim, and a nice mix too (20s to older, body shapes, and background). Before even getting into the change room I met some of the members of the board for PanFest, and asked them about PanFest. Check out their website for a start on the information: http://www.panfest.ca/
Once in the pool, I relaxed in the large hot tub, chatting more with the new people I met, and with some of the guys from BNBC. I also had some fun with the people I met tossing small beach balls into a basketball hoop on the side of the pool.
I didn't swim laps or swing on the rope, as some people did, mostly because I had a new set of contact lenses in. Next time I will try and remember to wear an old pair so if any chlorine gets in my eye and bothers me, I can ditch the lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment