What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Tintin




Part of my celebration of New Years Eve was going to see Tintin 3D with my father and a family friend.
I was not that into Tintin as a kid, I'm not sure why, perhaps I was just not that much into comic books / graphic novels back then. My best friend at the time had Astrix and I think some Tintin, so I may have got my fill through his books.

I enjoy Tintin (and Astrix) now, and so went to see the movie. I had heard mixed reviews before, most saying it was a really good movie, the down side being that the animation falls close to the uncanny valley, a point where the animation is almost too realistic that it is unsettling.

Personally, the only unsettling I felt about the realism of the animation was thinking how good looking Tintin is, to the point of wanting to go on a date with him.

I enjoyed the movie, in my opinion it was a good movie. However I think I would have enjoyed it just as much in 2D as 3D. The 3D effects, to me, were not that amazing. They added depth, but did not seem to pop.


I will possibly buy the DVD when it comes out.

Note on photo: Left is Jamie Bell who does the voice of Tintin (photo from Hallam Foe), Right is the animated TinTin

No comments:

Post a Comment