What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Daily Inspiration

I was born to be a teacher. It's all I've ever wanted to do. When I was a child, my mother gave me a memory book, and every year I wrote in it that I wanted to become a teacher. Being a teacher is one of the most influential professions in the world. We are training the future leaders, doctors, engineers, and scientists. We need to be proud of the fact that we're teachers.
- Former Georgia Teacher of the Year Amy Monroe Denty
Teachers daily calendar Tue 12 May 2009 


Concerned that our seven-year-old son was showing signs of eyestrain, I asked, "David, are you having any problems seeing?" He thought for a moment, then replied, "Sometimes at school I can't see the blackboard." Worried, I asked, "Why do you think this is happening?" "Well," he responded, "sometimes Claudia's head is in the way."
- Jim Hutch in Reader's Digest
Teachers daily calendar Wed 13 May 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment