What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Sunday, April 1, 2012

New month bring changes in life

Back in January I mentioned that I don't believe in new years resolutions, but rather new month resolutions. I have not mentioned any since January, and as April brings changes to my life, I have a couple new month resolutions; primarily to post more regularly, with a few themes beyond just my daily inspirations.

As for the changes in my life, after nearly 3 months of no regular job I now have 4 part time jobs.
Two of them started in March:
  1. Supervising evening exams approximately once ever 2nd weeks for Metro Continuing Education
  2. Tutoring high school students through Lights on Mediated Learning
The 3rd one starts today: Collecting data for the City Census

And the 4th, starting after Easter, is teaching NXT Programming in an after school LEGO Robotics club at two different schools (so could almost be considered 2 separate jobs). Both are teaching students in grades 4-6 (ages ~8-12).

Aside from the City Census job, which only goes for 3 weeks, all the others go into June...

... So, as a teacher once told me in High School: "busy people are more likely to do something than people who aren't." or inline with Newton's first law: 'objects in motion tend to stay in motion; objects at rest tend to stay at rest...'

Now that I am busier, and have ideas for other regular posting themes, I hope to post more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment