What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What a day!



I am going to start with the most pleasant surprise: seeing the beauty of wind turbine blades on a train next to the road I was driving on.
The picture above is what I found doing a google search, since I was driving and couldn't take a photo.
I liked seeing the elegance of the shape of the blades, the clean whiteness on the train, and the unique shape. I thought that if I had time, and the ability, I would have taken a photo for Aussielicious' most recent challenge: patterns.

On to the rest of my day....
The most frustrating part was realizing how busy I am these days and losing time to do stuff I want to do. I spent most of the day supervising exams - 3 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the early evening. This time was at least somewhat productive as I managed to finish revising the first part of a play I'm working on.
I need to have the revisions done by Sunday for a class I'm taking where my play will be read on Monday. It was read a few weeks ago and my classmates gave me great feedback that I am working into the script.

The exams were relatively close to my place, however in the middle of the afternoon I had to go across town (passing the train with the wind turbine blades), to do a demo of Lego robotics for a course I'm teaching. It was a nice break in my day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment