What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Thoughts of the day

Over the past year, at least, my life has had a few bumps and turns which have led to changes. Some I have been wanting, some I thrust upon me, some I'm waiting for, and some I am just starting.

These changes are helping me down the next path of my life. Some of the time I have to force myself to take the path, because I have felt stuck at a cross-roads for way to long, knowing the path I take may be the wrong one, but at least I would be moving.

As part of all this I have many thoughts, questions, and decisions (small and large) on my mind, most fairly personal; one such, small, decision is whether I put these personal thoughts here, on the blog, or just in a personal journal....

I may end up putting some of them here, but at the moment that may not be planned.

There is a writing exercise I know of that I think I will be either adding to this blog, or as a replacement to the "Thoughts of the Day" - possibly still titled that, just my writing method changing to make sure I write every day.

I learned this writing exercise by the name "free fall writing" but I have heard it referred to by other names. The exercise is to just sit and write what ever is on your mind for a set length of time. Sometimes a prompt can be used, sometimes no prompt; in which case it still counts if the writing has in it: "I am bored, the wall is white. The sky is gray." or other nonsensical stuff, as long as the the entire time is writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment