What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Daily Inspiration

Behind Every Famous Person Is a Fabulous Teacher
Actress Jamie-Lynn Sigler sill has the lucky quarter that her fourth-grade teacher Michael Zarett gave her before her very first audition. In the classroom, Mr. Zarett strives to have meaningful interactions with every student on a daily basis. "Every day you try to make a memory," he says.
- TeachersCount National Social Marketing Campaign
Teachers daily calendar Thu 2 Jul 2009


Why do I love teaching?
It's the "I get it" moments.
It's the moments when I see a kid do something really spectacular, like stand up for another kid in class.
It's the moments when I hand a kid a book and tell them I think they'd enjoy it, and they come back and tell me they loved it, and ask if I have any more like it.
And it's the kid in my class who doesn't do well in school and makes bad choices quite often, but when I sit down and help him with an assignment, he gives me a genuine thank-you.
- www.theteacherscorner.net
Teachers daily calendar Fri 3 Jul 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment