What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Joe Trebble and the Bio Tech Conspiracy

Back in 2006 I started a serial in a writing class. It started in part as a challenge to myself in regards to a writing warm-up.

The warm-up is to write for about 20 minutes about anything that comes to mind - no stopping, no double thinking, no editing, just writing.

Because some people were finding it difficult to start, a prompt was chosen. This was done by everyone writing a word or short phrase on a piece of paper and putting it into a hat then selecting one.

I then turned some of these prompts into the chapter titles of my serial. Since that time I have written about 13 chapters (perhaps more, but I only have 13 typed up). In 2007 I started posting them online on a dedicated blog: http://joetrebble.blogspot.ca/

In the past 5 years I haven't been consistent in posting or even writing the chapters. When I started this blog I was planning on posting a new chapter every week (which obviously didn't happen). My current goal is to post a chapter at least every month (more if I can write them).

I just posted Chapter 11: English Toffee - http://joetrebble.blogspot.ca/2012/06/btc-11-english-toffee.html
But if you haven't read any of the others before you might want to start at Chapter 1: A Hot Pink Car - http://joetrebble.blogspot.ca/2007/03/joe-trebble-and-bio-tech-conspiracy.html

Enjoy the stories and please provide feedback.
In fact, any short words or phrases you might want to see as future chapters would be greatly appreciated (it will help get more chapters written).

No comments:

Post a Comment