What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Monday, June 25, 2012

Window Shopping


On Saturday, as a nice break from all the chaos and stress my ex-stage manager was giving me, I went window shopping with my Dad.

We didn't actually buy anything that day, but got a quote for 4 basement windows for my house. My Dad can get a discount on the windows, but the place he has to order them through is closed Sundays and Mondays (and was closed by the time we got the quote). So he will be ordering my new windows tomorrow.

In about 4-6 weeks I should have them installed.

This is step 1 of a 4 step process I am looking at as this year's home renos:
1) Replace Windows
2) Put in window wells
3) Remove (& prune) trees (independent of steps 1 & 2)
4) Regrade around the house

Note: the photo on the left is of one of my existing basement windows. When regraded all that space below the window will be below ground - hence getting the window wells.

No comments:

Post a Comment