What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Daily Inspiration

My eleven-year-old daughter and I were having lunch at a deli decorated with abstract paintings. We were admiring the picture above our table when she asked me what I thought it was. I examined it and said I didn't know. She looked at it again and remarked, "I guess his teacher didn't know what it was either, because he only got five out of fifty." She was looking at the print number. 
- Mary Ann Noack in Reader's Digest
Teachers daily calendar Mon 13 Jul 2009


Quick Reference: Roman Numerals
One     I
Two     II
Three     III
Four     IV
Five     V
Six     VI
Seven     VII
Eight     VIII
Nine     IX
Ten     X
Eleven     XI
Twelve     XII
Thirteen     XIII
Fourteen     XIV
Fifteen     XV
Sixteen     XVI
Seventeen     XVII
Eighteen     XVIII
Nineteen     XIX
Twenty     XX
Thirty     XXX
Forty     XL
Fifty     L
Sixty     LX
Seventy     LXX
Eighty     LXXX
Ninety     XC
One hundred     C
Five hundred      D
One thousand     M
Teachers daily calendar Sat/Sun 11/12 Jul 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment