What is a Quafaie?


Quafaie (pronounced: kwa FAY) are fantasy creatures that exist in the fantasy writing of Hugh Kemeny, and are created by him. They are primarily in Hugh Kemeny’s Black Phoenix short stories...

To learn more, read this post: What is a Quafaie?

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Daily Inspiration

 Whatever you are, be a good one.
- Abraham Lincoln
inspire daily calendar Wed 27 Jun 2012 


On my birthday my class prepared a surprise for me. When I entered the darkened room, they all shouted "Happy Birthday!" I sat  on a specially decorated chair and watched as four students struggled in carrying a large and apparently heavy box. Muscles straining, they heaved it onto my lap, proclaiming excitedly that it was exactly what I wanted. The students gathered around me, and I opened my present. 
"It's empty!" I exclaimed.
"No, it's not!" they objected. "It's filled with peace and quiet."
And with that, they fell silent. 
- Joann Limoges in Reader's Digest
Teachers daily calendar Tue 4 Aug 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment